Friday, September 7, 2012

God's Got Your Back!

As one who has now been walking with the Lord for 30 years I think I’m finally at a point in life when I can actually say AMEN, with some authority, to today’s text.

It really is true. I have seen it over and over again, in my own life and in the lives of countless others. Jesus is committed to those who are committed to Him. He will never forsake those who have forsaken all to follow Him. In fact He says that in Hebrews 13:5,

“Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you,’” NKJV

I love how this verse reads in the Amplified Bible because it amplifies these rich and powerful truths about God’s commitment to us,

“…For He, God Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will not, I will not, I will not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let you down, or relax My hold on you, assuredly not!”

Wow, are those incredible promises? God Himself is reminding us that whatever it is that we’re going through, we are never alone. He is ALWAYS with us, He NEVER leaves us and on top of that He ALWAYS has an ample supply of whatever we need in life.

Are you facing some challenges today? Do you wonder how you’re going to get through? Well the good news is that you don’t have to go through it alone. God has promised that He will never forsake you, no matter how tough the problem is or how big the mountain seems, He’s going to stick with you through it all.  Then on top of that He’s got the resources that you’ll need to get through it. He promises us that in Philippians 4:19,

“And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus,” NKJV

So, what do you need God’s help with today? Do you need a door to open? Favor? Opportunities? Do you need some extra finances for a project? Well it’s time to believe God and to walk in His promise today, because God’s got you covered!

No comments:

Post a Comment